Tuesday 26 November 2013

Kids Poem: Fun n Frolic

Poem: "Fun n Frolic"

I was given the topic of fun n frolic,

I asked my Dad - "What is frolic?",
He Hmmed & mmmed, till my curiosity became hyperbolic,
Finally he said... Frolic is really... a cheerful "rollick",
Oh great, I thought, that sounds like a good logic!
Now… Now, he said, don’t be so vitriolic...
Finding meaning of words is always fun and frolic!
And here I thought it would be amusing & anabolic. Huh.

So I ran to my Mom and asked her about "Fun",
Thought I would have it easier, and have to struggle none,
She too Hmmed & mmmed and toyed with her hair bun,
As I looked with hope at her, she peeled the onions one by one,
And then she said - Well "fun" is about everything under the sun!
I kept looking at her to check if she was done(?),
Getting nothing more felt really like a bullet from a gun. Grrrh...

I then went to the park & sat on the swing,
I looked up the sky to see birds fly and sing,
There were bees on the tree that hummed with zing,
A dog ran around jumping like a spring,
As kids shouted away flying kite with a string...
Oh! I felt excited rollicking on my lovely swing,
I realized then what my Parents meant about fun & frolicking...
Fun is absolutely about everything under the sun
And being playfully excited is definitely frolicking!

Thankyou

Mantosh Singh..
Oct 2013
(Prepared for my daughter Ruhin Raghuvanshi's Inter-school recitation competition. Poem was selected by school for use in Inter-school recitation competion 2013)

1 comment: